Saturday, December 18, 2010

Merry Christmas “Trees” Workout


I was watching a James Bond movie and felt motivated to grab a quick workout. What you need is a stopwatch and your body weight. I came up with this workout based on one of the workouts we do with kicks on Thai pads. The term “Christmas Trees” is where you kick the pads 1 kick, 2 kicks, 3 kicks, 4 kicks….up to 10 as fast & hard as you can, then come back down from 10 kicks, 9 kicks, 8 kicks….down to 1 kick…then switch legs…So, with that being said, I decided to do the same with 3 basic body weight exercises…Squats, push ups, & sit ups…

You will end up doing 110 reps of squats, 110 reps push ups, & 110 reps of sit ups for a grand total of 330 reps.

Go from one exercise to the next as fast as you can:  Start the stopwatch…

1 squat, 1 push up, 1 sit up…2 then 3, up to 10...Then 10 squats, 10 push ups, 10 sit ups…9 then 8, back down to 1…HAVE FUN!

I completed mine tonight in 9:30 minutes. If this is too easy…Although, I felt good, dripping sweat, muscles pumped and feeling worked, I think next time I will do jump squats, clap push ups, and probably still regular old sit ups, because I like those, or maybe some leg raises! Or maybe, I will do more than 1 round…Feel Free to do as many rounds as you want!

Try it! Be creative with your exercises/workouts! Just make sure you keep your heart rate up, it keeps you fairly winded, which…if you go from one exercise to the next without stopping, that shouldn’t be a problem. Have Fun With it!

Let me know your time when you do it!

1 comment: